Red Bull has striked the campaign viral chart of this week at number one, and beats Jay-Z from being on top with a seven-minute short film starring stunt cyclist Danny MacAskill.
Jay-Z, who topped the chart last week with just under 160,000 shares, fell to second place this week after being shared 95,605 times in the past seven days.
MacAskill’s ad for Red Bull, created by Media House, the brand’s internal creative team, has been shared 198,294 times this week and viewed 2.9 million times since it was published on 19 June.
The ad features MacAskill performing stunts on full-scale replicas of children’s toys, including building blocks, pencils and toy-train tracks.
Fourth in the chart is an in-house ad for Neverwet, a spray-on, liquid-proof sealant. It has been shared 18,206 times.
The five-minute ad features the president and product developers of Neverwet demonstrating the product. It has been viewed 1.8 million times since it was posted on YouTube.
Elsewhere in the chart, Usher’s ad for Samsung TV, created by agency Huge, remains in the chart – falling one place to number eight.
Meanwhile, an in-house ad for the Discovery Channel, featuring “Snuffy” the seal, sits in last place after being shared 6,648 times this week.
The chart,produced in collaboration with Unruly, tracks the number of shares of ads across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere. Ads older than 30 days are not included.
1. Red Bull “Danny MacAskill’s imaginate” by Red Bull Media House
This week: 198,294 shares
All time: 243,180 shares
2. Samsung “magna carta holy grail” by 72andSunny
This week: 95,605 shares
All time: 316,495 shares
3. Adobe “photoshop live” by Abby Norm
This week: 25,426 shares
All time: 630,180 shares
4. NeverWet “neverwet” created in-house
This week: 18,208 shares
All time: 112,670 shares
5. Pepsi Max “bus levitation #livefornow” by Arnold KLP
This week: 17,007 shares
All time: 26,413 shares
6. Microsoft “Dell tablet vs. iPad” by Crispin Porter & Bogusky
This week: 14,769 shares
All time: 45,726 shares
7. Nokia “don’t flash. amaze.” by Wunderman
This week: 9,401 shares
All time: 19,753 shares
8. Samsung “looking 4 myself” by Huge
This week: 7,309 shares
All time: 51,514 shares
9. Nike Basketball “leave a message” by Wieden & Kennedy
This week: 6,724 shares
All time: 16,348 shares
10. Discovery Channel “Snuffy the seal” by Discoverycreative
This week: 6,648 shares
All time: 35,442 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk